Skip to content
- Grin to yourself. Outwardly, remain cool. Slip her card into your card case as if this feat of dating dexterity is something you do every week rather than once or twice a decade.
- Imagine calling her. Panic. Realize that you have nothing to say that could be considered witty or interesting or remotely intelligent or even grammatically English.
- Keep it tucked away safe. Take it out now and then to look at it. Repeat #2.
- Google her. Tell yourself this is not stalker behavior. Clear your browser. Distract yourself with work.
- Write five poems that no one within forty miles of your closet could tell were in any way gay. Post one on your blog. Repeat #4.
- Check out her photography portfolio online. Wonder why the single photo of her doesn’t show the glow you see when you look at her in person. Repeat #5.
- Write a poem that is, face it, just a little bit gay. Wait for the glitter to fall on your head.
- Repeat #2-7. Keep waiting.